3D Prop Assignment

In this semester I will design, develop, and research a character, environment and prop that I will model digitally in Maya using polygons.

THIS ASSIGNMENT FOCUSES ON THE PROP DESIGN STAGE.

My 3D prop is to be modeled and UV-unwrapped in my 3D application, and then incorporated into a 3D game engine where it will be lit, textured, and appropriately shaded. 

  • My prop should utilize Normal and AO maps to transfer the detail from a High Resolution copy to a Low Resolution game prop.

  • My 3D character must interact with the 3D prop in some manner.

In this post, I will display my Prop Concept Sketches and Drawings - initial ideas, shapes, early sketches, research, inspirations, etc., and final development.


First, here are my design inspirations and reference images for sketching different looking bees and bee hives.

    

Animal Crossing New Horizons Wasp Nest via Animal Crossing Wiki and Honeybee via Nookipedia.

An Empty and Clean Honeycomb via iStock.

Adventure Time Bee spitting honey and Evicted! Bee via Adventure Time Wiki.


Next, here is a brainstorm and design sketch page of my research drawings, shape options, and final design view sketches.

Brainstorm and Design Page

Animal Crossing Wasp Nest and Honeybee sketches closeup

Natural Honeycomb and Adventure Time Beehive and Bee sketches closeup

3 Shape Options: Natural, Organic, and Classic sketches closeup

Beehive Final Design sketches closeup

Beehive Final Design Front View, Top View, and Bottom View sketches closeups


Comments