Character Design Assignment

In this semester I will design, develop, and research a character, environment and prop(s) that I will model digitally in Maya using polygons.

THIS ASSIGNMENT FOCUSES ON THE CHARACTER DESIGN STAGE.

My character should be aimed at a specific audience of my own choice and be able to show an understanding of human anatomy and have a distinct personality. My character design should work for both merchandising and animation.

In this post, I will display my Character Concept Sketches and Drawings - initial ideas, silhouettes, shapes, early sketches, etc., and final development as a Modeling Sheet Template.

                                      

        First concept of Teddy (June 8, 2022)                    Cartoon series concept sketches (Sep 28, 2022)


Character design sketches (Oct 13, 2022)


Character design sheet final version (Nov 15, 2022)           Character design sheet progress gif            


Premise with worldbuilding concept (Nov 22, 2022)        Location concept art sketch (Nov 20, 2022)


Character expressions sheet final version (Dec 2, 2022)  Character expressions sheet progress gif   


3D Model Sheet Template of Teddy (Dec 12, 2022)

Comments