The Character Profile

Character Design Assignment -AAS - AND222 -Fall 2021

In this semester, I will design, develop, and research a character, environment, and prop(s) that I will model digitally in a 3D modeling software of my choice using polygons.

THIS ASSIGNMENT FOCUSES ON THE CHARACTER DESIGN STAGE.

My character should be aimed at a specific audience of your my choice and be able to show an understanding of human anatomy and have a distinct personality. My character design should work for both merchandising and animation.

 Step 1 - Character Profile Document (who, what, where, keywords, archetypes, personality, motivations, hidden trauma or secret, skills, job, education, age, social status, etc.).

Step 2 - Research (different character design styles, show genre, target audience, etc.).

Step 3 - Character Concept Sketches and Drawings (initial ideas, silhouettes, shapes, early sketches, etc., final development).

Step 4 - Image Planes/Turn around creation (preparation for 3d modeling).


For the first step, I started filling out a character profile document with whatever characteristics came to mind. This initial concept was started in class and continued on my own outside of class.

First Draft Character Profile Document

However, I decided to try again with a completely different idea. My previous concept was too uninteresting for my liking and felt unoriginal. My new idea goes along with my AND218A course of creating a children's animated show and is much more animation and 3D friendly.

Final Character Profile Document 1 Teddy

Final Character Profile Document 2 Mona

Final Character Profile Document 3 Basil


Below are some concepts, designs, and character art:






Comments